This is an excursion for lovers of the nature and breathtaking sceneries. Picking this tour means to discover the interesting geological history of the Mount Vesuvius, the symbol of the region, and its vineyards.
Its fame has made famous cities such as Pompeii and Herculaneum that were sadly demolished and buried owing to its destructive power.
Thanks to its soil, very rich in minerals, and the warmth of the Mediterranean climate, the local agriculture can be considered as one of a kind. Nowaday is National Park and it offers an extraordinary mix of the authentic plants and animals that are strictly protected.
Vesuvius National Park
This tour starts from Naples, Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Salerno. The driver will pick you up in one of the places mentionned and once arrived close to the entrance of the National Park, he will show you where to buy tickets. At this point you’ll have to continue on foot for about 30 minutes, it depends on how fast you walk. You’ll be shrouded in luxuriant plant life and you’ll enjoy the beautiful sights of Phlegraean Fields just below you, the Gulf of Naples and the islands.
Once reached the top of the mountain it’s possible to meet vulcanologists that will gather you in small groups for a short dissertationn about the volcanic activity of Vesuvius.
While on top you’ll be able to see also the white steam coming up from the crater that shows its vibrant life. We advice to spend no more than one hour and half for exploring the cone and its slopes.
After the excursion, it will be time to see another face of Mount Vesuvius: you’ll get to a very famous winery where you can explore with the local experts the vineyards, you can learn how they make wine and the characteristics of the soil. The visit of this unique place will end with a delicious light lunch based on local products such as wine, cheese and tomatoes and the tasting of four different wines made on the spot.
- The visit is always submitted to the weather conditions: in case of rain or strong wind, the cone may be closed.
- We warmly recommend to wear comfortable and light clothes, hats, and hiking shoes.
- The tour is not suitable for people with healthy issues, heart deseases and mobility problems.
- The vulcanologist guide service is free of charge because it’s included in the price of the ticket.
- The entrance fee is 10 euro per person
- Mount Vesuvius
- The Nation Park of the Vesuvius
What is included
- Transportation service with Mercedes vehicle
- Parking charges, fuel costs, taxes
What is extra
- Guided service
- Entrance fees 10€ per person
- Tasting and Lunch 30€ per person