Capri Island: the gem of Italy!
This excursion is available as:
Capri is a romantic paradise, a picturesque location in Campania region and one of Italy's top tourist destinations. The island is rich in culture and amazing views and since Romans it was considered a jewel for the breathtaking panoramas and the crystal blue waters. That’s why the Emperor Tiberius made the island of Capri his stable home for the whole decade between 27 AD and 37 AD and over the centuries it became a favourite hangout for writers, artists, poets, and travelers from Great Britain, Germany, and the United States. Today Capri Island is very cosmopolitan and charming with shops, hotels and restaurants lying along winding streets. It’s the ideal place for a peaceful and relaxing daily trip in touch with a still unspoiled nature and the glamour of an international tourist spot. During this tour, you can jam most of the major attractions in a single day!
- Pick up time suggested:
- Approximately 8.30 a.m.
- Pick up/ drop off location:
- Sorrento Harbour (30 min.)
Naples Harbour (50 min.)
- Tour Length:
- Full day excursion (7 hours)
- Meet me at the harbour. I will deal with the tickets of the hydrofoil. After the crossing we reach Marina Grande, the main harbour of Capri Island. According to weather conditions you should not miss the opportunity of a Minicruise from Marina Grande towards Faraglioni rocks and many sea caves or a visit to the Blue Grotto, the island's top attraction. A minibus will lead us to Anacapri centre located in the western part of the island, where we’ll visit the historic village, the Belvedere and the Phoenician staircase. Also a must are Villa St. Michael once owned by the Swedish medical doctor Axel Munthe and the chair lift to Mount Solaro for a 360 degrees view on a clear day. On request we can also arrange a light lunch in a typical local restaurant.
- Re-board the minibus for the brief drive to Capri, the main centre, charming and elegant. Visit of the Piazzetta (the main square) and Augustus Gardens, the most panoramic spot of Capri centre located on a terrace above the sea. The shortest rout to the harbour is the Funicular (cable car) that covers a distance of 650 m. in 5 minutes.
Return to Sorrento or Naples.
- English-speaking local guide
- Ticket for Funiculare/cable car, ticket for Augustus Gardens*
- Limoncello and lemon chocolate tasting
- Meal, drinks, tips, other tickets and everything not mentioned in the “INCLUDED” section
- Hydrolfoil from Naples:
- € 41,00
- Hydrolfoil from Sorrento:
- € 37,00
- Classical boat ride:
- € 18,00
- Visit by boat to Blue Grotto:
- € 29,50
- Museum of Axel Munthe:
- € 7,00
- Chair lift:
- € 10,00
*Tickets for the Funicular are included for small groups of 5. The price of the tickets for larger groups is 1,80 euro each per trip.